- has_outer_squareFalseIt determines if meshes for a outer square are added to concentric circle meshes.
Description:It determines if meshes for a outer square are added to concentric circle meshes.
- preserve_volumesFalseVolume of concentric circles can be preserved using this function.
Description:Volume of concentric circles can be preserved using this function.
- ringsNumber of rings in each circle or in the enclosing square
Description:Number of rings in each circle or in the enclosing square
- num_sectorsnum_sectors % 2 = 0, num_sectors > 0Number of azimuthal sectors in each quadrant'num_sectors' must be an even number.
C++ Type:unsigned int
Description:num_sectors % 2 = 0, num_sectors > 0Number of azimuthal sectors in each quadrant'num_sectors' must be an even number.
- radiiRadii of major concentric circles
Description:Radii of major concentric circles
- inner_mesh_fractionLength of inner square / radius of the innermost circle
Description:Length of inner square / radius of the innermost circle
This ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator source code is to generate concentric circle meshes.
ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator object is to generate 2D mesh for concentric circles. Users can refine mesh by providing a high number of rings for each specified concentric circle region or a high number of sectors in each quadrant. The test, concentric_circle_mesh_generator.i, explains the use of the 'ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator' object. To execute the test only for generating 2D mesh,
~/projects/moose/test/moose_test-opt -i concentric_circle_mesh_generator.i --mesh-only
To execute the test with the engineering and mathematical physics solvers,
~/projects/moose/test/moose_test-opt -i concentric_circle_mesh2.i
ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator only works with the ReplicatedMesh type.
ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator works by creating the first quadrant called "top_right." MooseEnum called 'portion' controls which portion of mesh would be generated. Any other one-fourth portions of circles are generated by rotating the "top_right" portion. Half portions are generated by stitching two different one-fourth portions depending on users' usages.
Users must provide the input parameters, such as a number of sectors in a quadrant, a list of radii, a list of rings, the inner mesh fraction, a boolean for the volume preserving function, and an iteration number for Laplace smoothing. * list of radii: specific locations of radii of concentric circles * list of rings: numbers of rings for concentric circles * inner mesh fraction: ratio of the length of the inner square to the radius of the innermost circle mesh * volume for concentric circles can be preserved or not (on/off). * iteration number: number of iterations for Laplace smoothing
Users can choose if mesh for the enclosing square is added to the concentric circle mesh or not. A portion can be specified, however, it is not required. The default setting generates the full concentric circles.
If you're going to enhance
ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator, Laplace smoothing has to be constrained to the center circle. Efficient algorithms for adding nodes and elements, including the connectivity, may be needed. They can be found in
[MeshGenerators] [./ccmg] type = ConcentricCircleMeshGenerator num_sectors = 6 radii = '0.2546 0.3368 0.3600 0.3818 0.3923 0.4025 0.4110 0.4750' rings = '5 3 2 1 1 1 1 3 5' inner_mesh_fraction = 0.6 has_outer_square = on pitch = 1.42063 #portion = left_half preserve_volumes = off smoothing_max_it = 3   [Mesh] type = MeshGeneratorMesh  [Outputs] exodus = true 
- portionfullControl of which part of mesh is created
Description:Control of which part of mesh is created
- smoothing_max_it1Number of Laplacian smoothing iterations
C++ Type:unsigned int
Description:Number of Laplacian smoothing iterations
- pitch0The enclosing square can be added to the completed concentric circle mesh.Elements are quad meshes.
Description:The enclosing square can be added to the completed concentric circle mesh.Elements are quad meshes.
- control_tagsAdds user-defined labels for accessing object parameters via control logic.
Description:Adds user-defined labels for accessing object parameters via control logic.
- enableTrueSet the enabled status of the MooseObject.
Description:Set the enabled status of the MooseObject.