- inputThe mesh we want to modify
Description:The mesh we want to modify
This mesh generator is useful for adding all possible sidesets to a mesh based on unique normal directions. It works well for more regular shapes that don't have curves or many disjoint surfaces with similar normals. If desired however, it is capable of following a slowly changing normal around a surface so that a curve can be assigned a single sideset. This is accomplished by setting fixed_normal to false. In this case a cylinder mesh can be given exactly three normals, one for the two and bottom respectively, and a third normal for the curved surface of the cylinder.
The sideset number assignment is not predictable. This utility assigns sideset numbering based on the unique normals seen while iterating over the mesh. Further enhancements could be made to more carefully control this assignment.
- variance0.1The variance [0.0 - 1.0] allowed when comparing normals
Description:The variance [0.0 - 1.0] allowed when comparing normals
- fixed_normalFalseThis Boolean determines whether we fix our normal or allow it to vary to "paint" around curves
Description:This Boolean determines whether we fix our normal or allow it to vary to "paint" around curves
- control_tagsAdds user-defined labels for accessing object parameters via control logic.
Description:Adds user-defined labels for accessing object parameters via control logic.
- enableTrueSet the enabled status of the MooseObject.
Description:Set the enabled status of the MooseObject.